Friends of Healing Holistix!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Labyrinth Workshop 29/7/12 in Kenilworth
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:28 am 

Labyrinth Workshop

Date: 29th July 2012
Time: 10:30am arrival for a prompt 11.00 start, 8:30pm close approx

Bookings are high for this unique one day workshop working with labyrinths, a universal form of sacred space found in many nations throughout the ancient world, and being increasingly created in modern times. If the level of demand extends the number of places a second event may be possible in September. If you would like to attend a repeat event in September (date to be confirmed), please could you let me know as soon as possible. If you wish to see the grass cut labyrinth that will be used please go to my Facebook page

This one day workshop aims to provide a foundational understanding of this ancient form of sacred space, the labyrinth. The workshop will look at various types of labyrinth and will discuss their philosophy and applications. During the evening the labyrinth will be gently illuminated to allow delegates to work with this sacred space in a very relaxed atmosphere. At this time delegates will be encouraged to use the labyrinth as a problem solving tool for their individual needs using the techniques discussed earlier in the day. Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to experience the magic of a night time labyrinth, under the evening sky in a small private paddock watching the sun go down over the adjacent wood. The course will:
give an overview of labyrinths including their history;

..give an overview of the basic types of labyrinths;
..discuss the citing of labyrinths;
..examine methods of construction;
..allow delegates to construct a temporary labyrinth;
..use the labyrinth for personal health and/or problem solving techniques;
..conclude with a ceremonial affirmation burning on paper lotus flowers as the climax to the evening.

This extended one day workshop, held in the private rural location of Fay and Andy's farm (Fay Palmer), costs £100 to include refreshments, lunch and an evening supper. If you wish to attend please complete the booking slip below and return, together with payment to Fay Palmer, Long Meadow Barn Farm, Red Lane, Kenilworth, Warwickshire, CV8 1NZ. T: 07870 928 931

Post subject: Re: Labyrinth Workshop 29/7/12 in Kenilworth
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:15 pm 

Yes, I know.

We both go on Fay's monthly dowsing walks and get her monthly newsletter ---- and I 'did' her labyrinth workshop two years ago. :D It was jolly good! I can still draw one from memory using the 'seed' base. 8)

I am still trying to fit a labyrinth into our garden but it just won't go in. :( The lawn is the wrong shape and if I draw one to fit there isn't enough room to walk it properly - I'll have to make a finger one.

Blessed are the crack'd - for it is they who will let in the light.