Healing Holistix

Friends of Healing Holistix!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Honduras
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:47 am 

Hope you have a great trip Torre. As a fellow Saggie I aint gonna wish you a happy birthday as I know we both have "bah! humbug!" aversion to such things ;) but still I hope it is a good'un.
Have a fab time & show us the pics when you get back!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:19 am 

So....how much did it rain, Torre? :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:50 pm 

Three solid days of sun, the rest were rain/sun/cloud/sun, rain with the sun out. It never rained for long, so had no complaints with the weather. Had no complaints about anything. It was the best resort we've been to. We thought they gave us the door pass to the wrong room because we got upgraded to a "villa". It had more sq ft than my house. Food was terrific, service perfect.
This place is made up of 100+ "villas", 1, 2, & 3-br, that are almost all privately owned, and rented out by the resort. It only went all-inclusive two months ago.
The manager asked us if we were interested in buying a two-br unit from an American in financial trouble. I said we were in financial trouble. It's been reduced to a mere $300,000 from $450.

I found somebody's bikini bottoms in the dryer. That caused a lot of guffawing around the bar.

Roatan was a British colony and everybody speaks English. Other language is Spanish and the people are black and Hispanic. The terrain is like Costa Rica, hills, ravines & jungle. The roads go up, down and sideways.

We went to a nature park where they had an insectarium. There were butterflies that looked like they were made out of coloured aluminum foil. No flashes allowed, so didn't get pictures. My pal took some, but they didn't turn out. That's her with the monkey.

I've got some pool/resort photos, but they're like the ones above. Oh well.

Buffet dining room upstairs in the new building at the end.

Roatan has the second largest coral reef in the world, so there were pleny of scuba divers & snorkelers there. The beach is white sand, and the ocean warm.

That's about it. I've got a picture of the four of us, but it's too dark. Think it's time for a new camera.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:40 pm 

Super pics, Torre. 8)

I feel I need a holiday too, but just can't be @rsed to get round to organising it.