Healing Holistix

Friends of Healing Holistix!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Flights to India
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:10 pm 

I agree Torre, the earth wouldn't benefit from there being no aircraft. It is obvious that Europeans would travel by car all over the place, can you imagine the traffic standing belting out fumes everywhere. Businesses would certainly suffer everything going sky high in price.
We can't change the earth now it is too late, but we can be more diligent how we run the rest of our lives by doing the right thing regarding fumes and recycling. Our scientist's have to find ways to make transport more environmentally friendly.

Arfa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:23 pm 

The Earth may recover but I don't think humans will learn to consume sustainably until the writing is writ VERY LARGE AND CLEAR on the wall. (And probably not even then).

The consumer society + aviation (a dangerous mix) has only been going 50 odd years! Think of the damage done in that short time - rainforests, fur coats, fish quotas, pesticides, ozone layer holes, melting of the Arctic etc etc - does anyone really think we can go on consuming and travelling at these levels for another 500 years? Peak oil is now anyway and that's just the way it is.

I'm also thinking that maybe on this side of the pond the grow and eat local movement is stronger and more feasible than in your place. Even so Britain is very far from being self sufficient in food. But eventually when rampant aviation isn't possible anymore, alternatives will have to be found.

The magical thing about meaning is that it seems to manifest in reality.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:36 pm 

I was writing this whilst HoM (or hOM I love to think of 'er) was posting-so it may appear out of context. Just want to add this one thing
Quote:
Even so Britain is very far from being self sufficient in food.
. Here is the heart of the matter. We were not built for self-sufficiency. We were built for interconnectedness. This journey-via avatar or aviation is a lesson in open-handed sharing for the highest good of all. When we get that part (any many do in many ways everyday)-and stop allowing our governments to turn away help, or denying help or allowing accumulation to rule the day-THEN, that will sort so many things out.

Pre-HoM post (do read who makes up the members of OPEC-they are power suits)

It's very interesting to me that the demand for oil in places...like INDIA (the topic of this thread) are some of the reasons that the prices of oil have skyrocketed.

Petroleates (may have just made up a word alert), rise to the surface and have been mined as far back as 300 something BC in China (wikipedia). Their by-products have been used for everything from mummification (bitumen) to firing the hearths since the dawn of homonids. Even if there were no men....they collect and rise to the surface by way of fractures and release all sorts of things considered noxious...like sulphur & methane-without taking into consideration the ordinary plate tectonix & vulcan activities.

The earth has also been a hazard to mankind. My case in point: There are naturally mummified remains of european types (tartan textiles) buried with their asian mates together on the silk road, whose bodies showed lung damage-and in fact preserved the medical operations of sandstorm (silicosis) repair. They bore evidence that their chest cavaties had been opened up to flush the sand from their lungs.

The earth will make it's own evolutionary "decisions" and shake us off like dust. We can choose to be stardust or just dirt. There's alot of us all gathered together here right now. It's a flustercluck & always has been on some level.

Just try to get the scientists, politicians, etc. to agree on what is the definition of natural or organix....
we are silicate organisms-isn't that weird?
I could go on & on, but will stop.
I'll be happy if a few of these GIGANTIC hummers that love to run a person off a road with some lunatic with too much money doesn't turn me into roadkill due to $150 pumpfees, getting parked...it's happening. Hummers and Ford 5-Series are off the hot list.
"If wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets." Dune-Frank Herbert
love
linnyx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:49 pm 

Lazavanti wrote:
The earth will make it's own evolutionary "decisions" and shake us off like dust.

You're right Lzvt. And this is all just process. The Earth mirrors our collective mindset. We are interconnected and should not dwell too feverishly on concerns of the material plane. :mrgreen:

The magical thing about meaning is that it seems to manifest in reality.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:38 am 

Thais wrote:
But crude oil has gone down! From $135 a barrel a couple of weeks ago, it's now at $121, I believe!

Oil hit $139 today. :cry: