Healing Holistix

Friends of Healing Holistix!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: american trip
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:17 am 

I went to the States because it was my mom's 85th b'day and the whole family gathered for the surprise party. I arrived from Cyprus, my son, his wife and her mother from Australia and my daughter from UK. The rest of the family came from all over the States. It was great having everyone together in one place. We caught up on all the news. Played games, ate, drank and laughed a lot. There were also family dynamics which are present in all families. The thing about this trip was it seemed to be a big learning experience for me since I had been "stuck" on a plateau for quite awhile and seemed not to be growing every much. I watched how all the relatives related to each other in all kinds of situations. I could see the problems some members were having with each other and I wanted to fix it! I had a few words with some of them just in conversation and later they let me know that what I said had helped them to see the situation more clearly. However, I also learned that I couldn't fix it and it wasn't up to me to fix it - it's up to each individual to work thru their own karma. I know that sounds simple but it was something I could never accept since I'm a "fixer"!!! So that was a big deal for me and a lesson I brought back with me. I now accept I can't fix things in my husbands family and just have to be supportive when he has his own situations with family members. A lesson well learned!

Post subject: Re: american trip
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:32 am 

Thanks Beej for sharing that. A lesson to "fixers" everywhere!

Terry Anne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:52 am 

I wish my younger son would learn that! He can't understand why his father's family are always bitching at & criticising each other!! He keeps telling them that life is too short for all that cr@p! Don't think it's working though. Thanks for that, Beej! :mrgreen:

I'm too young to be old and too old to be young.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:44 am 

Quote:
they let me know that what I said had helped them to see the situation more clearly. However, I also learned that I couldn't fix it and it wasn't up to me to fix it

Tattoo'ed on my soul,
thank you beej.
Note the underlined part: One part holding the lens up accidentally + two parts running away wildly (whilst laffing) = wearing the skins with joy.

it's wonderful,
love,
Linda