Healing Holistix

Friends of Healing Holistix!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The survivor,
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:08 am 

decided to live,
so that his mother would not have to attend his funeral.

Davey Jones was thwarted on this good day.

This is pretty serious business and no replies neccessary-because Linda isn't creeping around asking for crumbs, sanctuary or pity. I'm putting into public space on purpose. I know how to spell.
This world is worth the effort of living in it-no matter the cost.
It can cost you more than you expected, and the gifts are not gilted or gelded,
they are made in the relationships that we have formed HERE!!!

I am an albatross,
I am rime,
I am you and you are mine,
adored.

Post subject: Re: The survivor,
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:46 pm 

Is this about the football players who drowned on Saturday? One survivor.

I have a story to tell also. Will be back.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:43 pm 

There was an outgoing girl in high school who lived a few blocks from the-not-outgoing-me. She decided I would be her friend, so that was that. We would walk, rollerskate, and bike all over the city. We were good friends, but after school we went our different ways. She went off to university and moved away and I went off to work. The last time I saw or spoke to her was at my wedding.

I read an announcement in the paper a few years later that she was marrying. Later still, there was a birth announcement for a son. Sometime after these events, I dreamed about her. It was one of "those" dreams--more like a visit with her. She no longer had a husband or son. The years went by and her father's obituary was in the paper. It confused me. She had a brother, who I believed had two children, but the obit mentioned only one grandchild, with the family's last name. I was convinced that my friend's baby had died.

More years went by and one day I typed her name into Google and there she was. I e-mailed and we've been corresponding ever since. Of course, I asked her to tell me about her life. When she wrote back to say that she lived with her aged mother and son, my jaw dropped. The feeling is hard to explain--it's as if he had come back from the dead, in my mind. I was so surprised and relieved. Her husband had left her while she was still pregnant, and the baby had been born very ill, with some of his internal organs in the wrong place. He had had surgeries as a newborn and it wasn't certain that he would survive. He's now 28 and has had a heart attack and has severe, chronic anxiety and depression, at times suicidal. His life and activities are curtailed. He's never had a job, doesn't seem to have friends, and just doesn't function well in this world.

I got it into my head that this soul never meant to survive infancy. There are entities who choose to experience fetal development, birth, early childhood, etc., but don't intend to stick around long--for their own reasons. I figure the plan changed and he stayed for his mother's sake, but has been an unhappy misfit ever since.

Maybe I'm way off base, but I can count on two fingers the number of psychic dreams I've had and that was one of them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:02 am 

So glad you shared that story....and you've been on my mind alot.

Personally, I think you could possibly be on to something that this football survivor was getting me to notice from a positive happy perspective outcome, only your story said it more clearly.

I thought it was nice to see a powerful thought being thunk, and not getting sunken. Not that the other boyz didn't have just as much reason to live. It just turned out different.

Interesting correlation Torre. Thanx again for sharing that.
Linda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:10 am 

Tell me about the football players who drowned. I haven't heard about this.

I'm too young to be old and too old to be young.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:34 am 

http://www.newsday.com/iphone/ny-spnfl0 ... 3078.story

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:34 am 

Sorry to use yahoo-but here is the link Thais:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=t ... &type=lgns

It doesn't mention the survivor's thoughts-I heard it his comments on the radio,
hope this helps.
Linda

Torre you are so funny-we're posting at the same time,
love it-I'll bet your link is mo'betta than mine.