Healing Holistix

Friends of Healing Holistix!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Cal Brewer...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:43 am 

Was the man who introduced my mother and father on a blind date. He was married to Iris and knew that Rex and Phyllix should meet. They did, and by their second date-Rex announced that he would be giving her an engagement ring.

Cal was a gentleman of great expectations. He had all of the qualities that any good man would ever want, but something went very wrong in the after years of WW2. Not very certain about the details (real wartimes), for we children only heard about the story of our parents meeting, and the inscient CBI theatre (which is a whole nuther episode).

Fast forward to 1968. Cal Brewer showed up on our front porch. He was a shell of his former self (we had pictures to calibrate the differences)-completely drowned in alcoholism. He had lost his wife, his health, his children and any possibility of a future-and skeletal in appearance. Twenty years had passed.

Rex opened the door, invited him in...our family dinnertime was emplaced by Phyllix...me & sis were in our regular seats-servings coming forth. Cal was seated at the headman's seat. Rex gave Cal his seat and we all proceeded to eat a healthy, lovingly made dinner as though there was nothing amiss. No one remarked about the denigration of this dear person. This is the important part-for my folks were not prone to reserving racial, ethical or moral judgements.

In fact...we kids were exposed to all sorts of disruptive adulterative behaviours. Just not this one sacred night.

What is so beautiful about this story was....Cal was fed, and a quiet conversation took place. It was another 15 years later that we found out he was ushered like an honored guest out of the door with a crisp $50 bill. Little girl linnyx and becky didn't know about it at the time. We just knew something important had happened....and felt the grace, love and appreciation that our very human parents were doing.

This is what happened years later. Rex's mother died and Cal arrived. He and his wife had reunited, he was fully fleshed out & we girls met his true self. He gave my dad a crispier $50 bill. He had conquered his alcoholic demons....whilst our family battled their own.

I'll never forget how beautiful my granny's homecoming day was.

We were not a perfect family-in fact, we were far from it.

This is just a story about how the Divine Universe can use imperfection to accomplish and complete a cycle-even if it includes the axis of our planet's helion or whatchamacallit as the nexus for a new good thing-or good finished thing.

It was a beautiful day and memory....dedicated to a dog that will carry a brick-like Maisies does. Only this time-a flute of crazy beauty will herald the day.

Post subject: Re: Cal Brewer...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:09 pm 

A remarkable story.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:23 pm 

A Lovely story, Linnyx, :)

Thank you for sharing it with us. :)

Blessed are the crack'd - for it is they who will let in the light.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:59 pm 

:oops:
thx-aw geesh....
it's just so nice to be able to remember the really, really good things again.
xoxo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:00 pm 

8) 8) 8)

Tell us more about brick-carrying Maisie!! :D

I'm too young to be old and too old to be young.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:25 pm 

We've got to get Maisie on here....she's got the best stories ever.

Hope this link will work: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=517&p=4392&hilit=prince#p4392

It's the second of a story Maywalk shared about Prince the dog who loved to walk around with a brick in his mouth.

Let's see if we can get her going-her stories are the best!!!!
love xox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:30 pm 

Aah...I misunderstood you! I thought you had a dog called Maisie who carried bricks!! :lol: :lol: Silly me!

I'm too young to be old and too old to be young.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:51 pm 

love you silly :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:04 am 

thanks for sharing the story linny, how great that your parents helped Cal unconditionally, and even greater that he got his life back on track and was able to repay them, even tho they had no thoughts of being repaid, I'm sure seeing him recovered was worth far more than the $50 to them. aint life beautiful sometimes. thank goodness for helions & whatchamacallits. x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:12 am 

Just talked to Phyllix about this...
cwying,
I didn't know that dad had paid for his return trip to Des Moines, Ia. I didn't know that they had called Iris, I didn't know....
am leaving out the details of how bad it was within our family cave.

It was really bad.
But imagine...being 85 years old-having forgotten that you may have made a difference. Ok-I'm good to go. Phyllix knows now, that she and her disfunctional family accidentally did even more than I knew.

That's what you all do,
whilst breathing thru an orifice,
xox

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:21 am 

you have an amazing lovely family linny, as do we all, no matter how disfunctional all families can be at times, that's the beauty of 'em.