Healing Holistix

Friends of Healing Holistix!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The One Legged man.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:53 am 

My then wife was busy pursuing my then boss,(fruitlessly as it happens), and I was pursuaded to take the two kids on holiday. I took them to the South Island. Over on the interisland ferry and we had a fun time driving and stopping down the rugged West Coast. A place of gold prospecting, old lawlessness but now extraordinary hospitality. Stopping at the Punakaiki rocks with their strange formations laid down 30 million years ago and since eroded by the sea into fascinating patterns and blowholes.
We camped by the roadside, we stayed in cabins and in the car we had camp fires by the beach and cooked fish we had caught. We visited Shantytown, which was once a miners town all, once, of course, under canvas. We explored the Fox Glacier and the Franz Joseph glacier and carefully watched as they crept down their course to the sea at about an inch a minute!
We had a really fun time! The ferry trip back was supurb! The Marlborough Sounds were idyllic and the reputation of Cook Strait was maligned by a smooth crossing. Off the boat we headed for Wanganui on the West coast of the North Island, stayed in cabins and prepared for the drive home the next day. Towards the end of a winding gravel road the kids got bored. I invented a game where I said "The first one to see a....." Wins! We spotted cows with a brown spot on it's back. Pukekos on the road...... at least 10 sheep in a paddock with at least 10 trees in it......A horse that wasn't brown all over.....a house with a red roof........and they didn't seem to tire of it. But I did! Still with an hour to go I said, "The first one to see a one legged man riding a bicycle!"
In less than two minutes! There he was! One leg pumping frantically. I nearly ran him over with shock! "How did you know dad?"
Ah! The faith of children.

Post subject: Re: The One Legged man.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:06 am 

ciderman wrote:
and they didn't seem to tire of it. But I did! Still with an hour to go I said, "The first one to see a one legged man riding a bicycle!"
In less than two minutes! There he was! One leg pumping frantically. I nearly ran him over with shock! "How did you know dad?"
Ah! The faith of children.

What a lovely story. I'm still chuckling over it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blessed are the crack'd - for it is they who will let in the light.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:40 pm 

But you never answered the question, Michael. How did you know? :wink: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:31 pm 

Psychic! (At least that's my story! :D )

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:14 am 

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: