Healing Holistix

Friends of Healing Holistix!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A Strangers Voice.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:06 pm 

Its quite a while since I put any tales in here and I have just found this in my files that went into my main book for my family.

I have during my life had many premonitions of things about to happen but this was one time when I heard the voice of a well spoken man telling me bad news.
Here is the story of that happening.

When my son was 17 he was still going to college and doing a course in electronics at Marconi.
We bought him a Ford Anglia to travel about in on the understanding that he got a little job to pay for the upkeep of the car.
This he did and started delivering meat to customers of the local butcher.
It was while he was on his rounds he met Mrs R. She only had one leg and her hubby was very ill.
Her budgerigar had got loose one day and my son managed to catch it and put it back in its cage.
He always stopped to have a cup of tea after that with Mrs R and her husband.

I never knew her personally until she lost her husband and my son asked me to call on her to help her with form filling because she was quite illiterate in that way.
I got on well with her and helped her move into a council bungalow. It was a regular thing for hubby and I to call every Sunday evening to see her and make sure that she had no forms that needed filling in.
She had an Invacar that she used to go out to do her shopping in and was quite independent with her crutches.

In 1977 hubby and myself were on our September break holiday. We had spent four days of our holiday decorating and by the time Friday came round everything was looking ship shape.
As my housework was done I wanted to get a particular bit of knitting out of the way because it was a very intricate pattern that needed concentration.
My son by this time was married but we still visited Mrs R.

As I sat concentrating on the knitting it was very quiet in my lounge. Hubby was in the kitchen having a shave because there were no plugs in the bathroom.

Suddenly I heard a man’s well spoken voice say “ Mary Teresa R--- has been killed ” I was SO startled I dropped the knitting which pulled all the stitches off .
I have to say here that all the messages I have had about various things that happened during my life I had never had a voice or voices speaking to me.
This was the one and only time.

In fact I thought it was coming from the radio but I had NOT got it on.
My hubby had got one on in the kitchen and I ran in and asked him if he heard an announcement on the radio of an accident.
He said NO because it was all music and he would have known if an announcer had butted in.

I looked at the clock in the kitchen and it showed it just coming up to 9-30am. To say I was agitated would be putting it mildly and I said to hubby I was going round the police station to find out.
He laughed and said it was a figment of my imagination. He didn’t mean it really because he knew what sort of life he’d had with me over my seeing things.
He said afterwards that he was afraid of the outcome.

Anyway I dashed round to the Police Station. I was greeted by a policewoman and I asked her if any reports had come through of an accident. She looked at me very queerly and said "Why did you witness one?” I told her NO but I thought I had heard it on the radio.
She said we are only just getting a report of an accident on the main road and until we get all the evidence we cannot reveal it to the public or to the radio so NO it had not been broadcast.
She also asked me my name and address which I gave her.
The clock on the station wall said it was 9-45am

I turned to go out of the station but I looked back and said “Could you tell me if an Invacar was involved and a lady with one leg?”
She looked at me in wonderment and just nodded.
I went back with a heavy heart to tell hubby that I was right.

WHOSE voice was it that I heard? A well spoken voice who said the whole of Teresa’s name.?
I never did find out and I have never heard that voice again.
The intricate knitting NEVER got finished because I felt extremely reluctant to pick it up again.

There was an inquest and it came in as accidental death.
There had been very high winds that Friday morning and although she was a big woman weighing about 15 stone the Invacar got lifted by a terrific gust of wind and turned the car over killing Mrs R instantly.

Post subject: Re: A Strangers Voice.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:52 am 

thank you.

Post subject: Re: A Strangers Voice.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:19 pm 

very interesting story Maisie, thanks.