Healing Holistix

Friends of Healing Holistix!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Healing Hands
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:32 am 

I was talking to a friend yesterday on the phone and she reminded me of something that happened some years ago to do with healing hands.
To start at the beginning we go way back to the 1970s.

My d-i-ls mother had cancer and her hubby was at his wits end trying to cope with her because it had started to travel to her brain and twice she had grabbed the steering wheel of the car while he was driving.

I had never been inside a Spritualist Church in my life but I had read in our local paper that a healing session was to take place the next Thursday.
I had heard about them though because in later years my sister became enthralled with it and became the treasurer of our local church.
I had nothing to do with it though until this episode.

I asked my d-i-ls father if he minded if d-i-l and myself could take Pauline ( his wife ) to a healing session and he said he was willing for anything to be done if it would help.

When we were in there I had to make Pauline sit still on the chair for the healer to do her laying on of hands. There were some prayers and a hymn sung while the healers were doing there job for those who had gone for help.

When it was all over the main person who had come to the church from London said “ We have had a terrific power with us tonight and that person has never been here before. The power that is radiating from her has helped us SO much this evening ”
She then came off the rostrum and stood in front of me saying “ Its you my dear, the power that you are sending out is more than even I can muster.”
I said how did she know because I had never been before and she answered that she was SO overwhelmed with the power round me she went and asked the leader of the church who I was but he had no idea and said he had never seen me before.
I was asked if I would go again to their healing sessions to emanate the power I had in to the healers to help other folk. I declined saying I had too much to do.
To be honest there had been TOO much trauma in my life over the years without getting involved with spiritualists. I had nothing against spiritualists because as I said my own sister became one but my life was full enough with other happenings without making it more complicated.

About six weeks later there was a healing session being demonstrated at our local cinema and the couple we used to go dancing with asked us if we would go. ( This was the woman I was speaking to on the phone yesterday. )

We sat in the balcony right overlooking the stage and the main healer ( a woman ) started having folk coming to her for the laying on of hands.
She did about three and suddenly stopped saying “ I have to tell the audience that there is a FAR greater power in this cinema tonight than me and she should be down here doing this.”
The audience started looking round as to who it could be when the healer asked for the lights to go up.
She pointed to the balcony and said pointing to me “Its you the lady in the white jumper.” OH BOY! Did I feel a bloody chump. She then said “Would you come down on the stage and concentrate your healing powers on those who need help?” I shook my head and said “ No I am not qualified to do anything like that and I would hate to get folks hopes up.” She then said “You don’t have to be qualified because you either have the healing hands or you don’t and you my dear can even outstrip me.” I declined her offer of going on the stage but when she said “Well if you wont come to the stage would you concentrate on each person that comes to me and just exert your power through me to them?”
I agreed to do this but it was very tiring concentrating all the time on her to transfer it to the one who needed healing.

When it was over and we made our way downstairs to the exit there were some folks there who came and thanked me for doing what I did saying that they felt a lot better going home than they did when they arrived.

Just for the record Pauline was no better for going and I have NEVER taken up healing.
Maybe I should have but as I said previously my life had been traumatic enough.

Post subject: Re: Healing Hands
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:23 pm 

I lOVE this story.

For many reasons-but here's the main one. It just goes to show you that a healer may be augmented by trauma, that you had the wisdom to not "sign up" to a dogma, for healing belongs to no race, religion, color or creed and that whether you have the credentials, interest or focused life-purpose desire to "be this thing"-it happens anyway. In a divine Universe-nothing can stop the healing from happening. Nor can we measure the outcomes of a healing by it's outcome.

Sometimes healing is so profound that it's sole purpose is to help someone home. And you didn't buy into the power ego-trip that sometimes purloins the greatest gifted ones. Some healers can handle the attention-other's can't. There are secret healers all over the place....and they wouldn't be healers with out those who need healings. We all have parts of both within us all.

This affirmed something important Maisie. All those you enter through the portals of HH are here for a profound reason that geography can not divide. We are connected for very important reasons.
Thank you for sharing this story. I had an owie that needed to be healed-may need some more. But I feel mo'betta & now I won't punch a person who is bugging me. So you've pre-healed a possible injury.
Now that's a freeking miracle (laffing so hard).
love,
linnyx

Post subject: Re: Healing Hands
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:40 pm 

Linny you are a tonic. :D :D :D
Your lovely verbal lingo fascinates me and I love the way you put the words together.
God Bless.
Maisie.