Healing Holistix

Friends of Healing Holistix!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: well
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:10 pm 

seems I will be travelling to Bhutan in April!! sooooo excited!!! :multi:

‘"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive,to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."

"The universe is transformation; our life is what our thoughts make it."
- Marcus Aurelius

Post subject: Re: well
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:39 pm 

Tell us more, Viv! :)

The way my body feels at the moment, I wouldn't dare sign up for anything that's happening 6 months in advance!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:50 pm 

well---was looking around on the meet-up site for people to go on holiday with and this lady posted she wanted to go to Bhutan!!! she had found a tour and wanted to know if anybody else wanted to go. so there's 6 of us, 4 ladies, 2 blokes----flight booked and paid, for ditto the deposit just have to pay the rest nearer the time. We have a few days in Kathmadu at the beginning and the end of the holiday too!!

well if you feel like it closer to the time sure we could squeeze you in :wink: xxx

‘"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive,to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."

- Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:21 am 

Wouldn't that be wonderful if Helen got to go. So excited that our Viv is able to......i would use the jumping up and down emoticon, but it is too close to a trampoline... :D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:00 am 

Lots of rain in Bhutan in April apparently, don't forget your brolly! :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:14 am 

Wow, AM, that sounds like a great adventure.

Speaking of visiting unusual places, a friend of mine leaves this month for Antarctica. She told each of her four grandchildren she would take them wherever they wanted to go. So far, it's been China, Australia/Fiji, now Antarctica, with one left. Egypt was planned, until the unrest.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:26 pm 

Viv - I found this on Wiki:

Quote:
While Bhutanese citizens are free to travel abroad, Bhutan is viewed as inaccessible by many foreigners. Another reason for it being an unpopular destination is the cost, which is high for tourists on tighter budgets. Entry is free for citizens of India and Bangladesh, but all other foreigners are required to sign up with a Bhutanese tour operator and pay around US$250 per day that they stay in the country, though this fee covers most travel, lodging and meal expenses. Bhutan received 37,482 visitor arrivals in 2011, of which 25% were for Meetings, Incentives, Conferencing, Exhibitions.

So just be aware of this, and make sure that what you've signed up to will not incur extra expenses! :? It doesn't sound very foreigner-friendly! Maybe you know all this already, but I'm just letting you know.

How long does the flight take to Bhutan, or wherever it is that you land?

Also....
Quote:
All visitors to Bhutan are required to have a valid passport or travel document endorsed and valid for Bhutan. It should be noted that a visa will be granted only if a passport has a validity of a minimum of six months. Except for nationals from India, Bangladesh and the Maldives, all travellers to Bhutan, are required to submit passport details to obtain prior visa clearance from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Thimphu, Bhutan. The visa is provided on arrival at Paro International airport on the payment of a visa fee of USD 20/-.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:59 pm 

Yes, Helen I did know all that---and its all taken care of, but thank you for caring to find out. It is very tourist friendly---its just making sure that, despite the western world creeping in more and more, it tries to stay close to it traditional traditions, so the "tourist tax" is to try and get only people that truly want to go go and its not over run by us foreigners,
Its about a 8hr 30min flight to Delhi, then a about 1hr.15 mins stop over, then an 1hr-45 mins to Kathmandu. we have a day there then fly to Paro--about an 1hr.30 mins--then its pretty much the same going back but we have 2 days in Kathmandu to pack in some sight-seeing :) xx

- Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:48 pm 

OK. It's the flight time that puts me off. :(
I had the opportunity to go to Cuba with Solos, but the 10 hour flight....just couldn't handle it!! :oops:
I'm getting old.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:34 pm 

I didn't think a 8-9hr flight to Delhi was to bad when you think its getting on for half way round the world!!! and its going to be oh so worth!! xx

- Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:51 pm 

How long will you be there for?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:37 pm 

we'll be in Bhutan for 6/7 days and away for about 12 in all

- Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:44 pm 

My god, I hope you weren't in Katmandu when this earthquake happened, Viv!!!! :shock:
Even so, I bet the quake was felt in Bhutan!
Anyone heard from Viv on Facebook??

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:18 pm 

Hello no I'm safely at home but was meant to be flying to Bhutan via Kathmandu on Tuesday, so not looking likely I will be now. Terrible terrible loss of life and ancient buildings lost. Thank you for your concern xxxxx

- Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:19 am 

It's a terrible thing and so glad to know you are safe Viv!!!