Healing Holistix

Friends of Healing Holistix!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Costa Rica
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:54 pm 

Don't forget - it may be nice & warm at the bottom, but when you get to the top, it's bliddy freezing! :)
I found that when I went up to the top of the Teide in Tenerife.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:20 pm 

I used to know one or two girls who were like that! :( :oops:

:wink:

Blessed are the crack'd - for it is they who will let in the light.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:13 pm 

Those were the days, eh Paul?! :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:07 pm 

Ah, yes, I remember them well!

:lol: :lol:

Blessed are the crack'd - for it is they who will let in the light.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:33 pm 

Off to Costa Rica tomorrow for a week. Adios.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:02 pm 

Yay, have a great time, Torre!! :D
We want photos hen you get back.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:27 pm 

helenoftheways wrote:
We want photos hen you get back.

See page 1. :)
Some of those photos seem to have grown enormous.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:44 am 

Have a good trip...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:55 pm 

Are you home yet? Did you have a good time?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:11 am 

Got home this morning around 4:45am after a 4-hr delay. CR was lovely, as ever, the resort was beautiful, the weather perfect, and after our scheduled trip in Feb to Dominican, I'm never going anywhere again. This time I mean it. I never want to wait in another airport or shift around in a cramped, upright airplane seat, for hours, ever again. Finito. I'm a homebody and home is where I'm staying.

I'm convinced too, after a couple dozen trips, that the descendants of the British Empire are the only people on earth with good manners; at least, as it applies to resort-goers (the staff is always lovely). The Scandanavians might be ok, don't know them. Americans, who often get a bum rap, are paragons of Emily Postian virtue, compared to the budder-inning, queue-jumping, wheelchair-faking, path-blocking, buffet-busting, shout-talking, seat-kicking, child-screaming, me-firsters we encounter. On the flight home, behind us sat three middle-aged Caucasian women, speaking an eastern-European language and wearing head scarves. So, Bosnian, or somesuch, I guessed. One poked my husband in the back of the head because she didn't want him putting his seat back. Well...she would have been better off poking a bear. The one behind me pushed on my seat and tapped my arm. As it was, I kept the seat up most of the trip just because reclining was no more comfortable. Every time she shifted her bulk, she'd grab my seatback.
Suffice it to say, we did not encounter many peoples who would be happy forming an orderly line.

Our hotel room faced a rainforest (picture of trees to follow), so we heard the howlers making their passage twice a day, and could see the branches
swaying. The monkeys were sometimes visible. For LeeP's benefit, the woman who owned the villa where the girls & I stayed the last two times has a pet-rescue org. She saves mostly dogs, tries to find homes for them, has neutering clinics every month. Her group is called something with "Ditch Dogs" in it. That's what the strays are called there and they all look pretty much alike. They seem healthy, but the inbred cats have crooked tails. When we visited her this trip, she had acquired a greyhound through some convoluted method. She's got a half-dozen dogs herself.

Nothing else of interest. There was a lot of sitting around the pool, drinking. That's something else I can't take for more than one day. The sitting, I mean. I get bored to death, but there's nothing I really want to do (except go home). Being white as a fish's belly means no sunbathing. I look forward to meals the way a patient in a hospital does. That's pretty bad, but I'm just totally bored on vacation...and tired--Ron snores something awful. He can't take the airport/plane ordeal any longer either, so I won't be a stick-in-the-mud not going away anymore. He'll drve to Florida and all will be well. Don't know what the rest of the gang will do.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:10 pm 

That's the longest post you've written in a long time, Torre!!! Really enjoyed reading it's troothful travels and your intrepid adventures. What happens when you poke a bear? (Really, I never larnt that in NE school... :lol: ) You can change your mind anytime you want. It will be interesting to see if February provides a contrast. It sounds pretty boring for you. Were there pictures? I'll be relieved when I get a bigger screen.....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:27 pm 

I feel your pain about the travelling, Torre! I have often thought the same. So much faffing about with customs, stuff in 100ml containers etc :roll: & when in a big airport, so much time getting from one place to another - Heathrow is a nightmare!! And the hours spent in the plane really puts me off going far afield.

Recently I've been using London City Airport for my travels - tiny airport almost in central London - you just wander in, wander on to the plane...! And I get there free on my Freedom Pass! Heathrow, Stanstead & Luton - and even Gatwick - take ages to get to. They're hours of your life you never get back.

Glad you're back safe & well though. :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:38 pm 

And that us another fine set of troothx from Helen :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:13 pm 

helenoftheways wrote:
Glad you're back safe & well though.

I'm not. Ron got flu-like symptoms (and he had the shot) the day before we left C.R. (another reason that woman should not have poked him) and now I'm getting it. It's in my lungs, and I have that tired, achy-feeling you get when you have a bit of a temperature (not a completely bad feeling, really. Makes me pleasantly sleepy). Anyhoo, I'm not nearly as sick as he still is. One year, on returning, I got shingles. Airplane travel is vile.

Linny, I have a few pics of the resort and that's it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:04 pm 

Oh dear!! :(
That kind of explains your violent anti-holiday reactions though!! :P
This too shall pass, Torre, chin up. (And a good reason never to have the flu jab!)