Healing Holistix

Friends of Healing Holistix!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wales
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:38 am 

helenoftheways wrote:
Swansea.

Saw your comment last night & it made me think of my friend Cheryl from Swansea who passed away last year. Woke up this morning to find my mobile phone going mad, flashing between time zones & contacts. Then I discovered my phone had randomly made 3 phone calls while I was asleep! Two to the most recent person to text me and one to... Cheryl! I went onto her facebook page to remind myself when she died, and her last post on there was 1 year ago to the day, 19th Sept 2018. Spooky eh.
I don't think I've ever been to Swansea but I love Cardiff area and various other parts of Wales. Hope you will be very happy in your new home near your family Helen x.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:22 pm 

That is a wonderful synchronicity Lynn!! I love that!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:13 pm 

This is the house where I'm going to be living:
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.6125084 ... 384!8i8192

43B just up the few stone steps. Whole of the ground floor. :)
The big portal at the left leads into the garden, to which I have access through a side door.

A little bit further on there's a path that leads down to the Mumbles Road & the beach.
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.6127557 ... 384!8i8192

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:41 pm 

Oh Helen, it looks like heaven!!! I am all eyes and ears to hear whatever you feel like sharing. It's just wonderful!!! I feel like you and Alfie will be so happy here.
:multi:

Last edited by kalinnyx on Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:36 pm 

What a super place and so close to the sea.

I am jealous. :)

Blessed are the crack'd - for it is they who will let in the light.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:44 am 

Oh wow Helen that looks amazing! (much better than the flat we looked at in Torquay!) and so close to the beach. Hope you and Alfie will be very happy in your new home. xx What is that unusual low building opposite you?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:46 am 

Lynn wrote:
What is that unusual low building opposite you?

I'm told it's some kind of community hall.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:37 am 

That is so wonderful. Hope you have great--and quiet--neighbours. I went one click down the street and turned back to see down the lane to the garden. You said there is a side door. The window/door I could see looked about 3' tall. Maybe Alfie will be the only one using the garden. :D
Can somebody explain that to me? Judging from ground level and the front bay windows, this door or window seems at waist level. But that can't be right. Just curious.
It is so nice to have a roomy place. And a garden and an ocean. That visualization you were doing for the last move just took awhile to kick in.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:48 pm 

Quiet neighbours, Torre?? :?

Not on a Saturday, with the Rugby ground so near - but that is only one day for a couple of hours. :)

The Mumbles road seems a busy road for you to cross to get to the beach, Helen, so don't go in rush hour. :wink:

I'm still jealous.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:15 pm 

Don't think there's much of a rush hour there, Paul! :) Anyway there's a zebra crossing.

Just down the road a bit, there's a lovely dog friendly park - Singleton Park - with a nice little pub/cafe called Pub on the Pond; I've already been there with Alvaro & Lucy, and it will definitely be a regular haunt for me. This is my closest entrance to it...
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.6099774 ... 384!8i8192 ...just opposite the sea.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:20 pm 

Torre wrote:
I went one click down the street and turned back to see down the lane to the garden. You said there is a side door. The window/door I could see looked about 3' tall. Maybe Alfie will be the only one using the garden. :D
Can somebody explain that to me? Judging from ground level and the front bay windows, this door or window seems at waist level. But that can't be right. Just curious.

:lol: That is a trompe l'oeil, Torre! The path slopes downwards, so you're only seeing half the door! That is actually the entrance to the staircase that leads to all the flats/floors - I just have the benefit of a street front door all to myself as well! :turn-l:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:19 am 

The more you post, Helen, the lovelier it looks and the more envious I get. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:10 am 

Ah, I see the steps down now. Is that the door you would use to get to the garden? Do you have exclusive use of the garden? It will be handy if Alfie can just pop out there. I said "pop".

By quiet neighbours, Paul, I meant I hope there isn't a drum kit upstairs--or a trampoline next door. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:32 pm 

So are you both settled in your new digs? Would love to hear how you are doing. I'm imagining all sorts of lovely things. :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:43 am 

kalinnyx wrote:
So are you both settled in your new digs? Would love to hear how you are doing. I'm imagining all sorts of lovely things. :D

No, I don't move until the 11th October, Linny.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next